Well, it’s that time of year again. The time where the weather gets colder, holidays are upon us, the year is coming to a close, and we take time to reflect on what we are grateful for. It’s also a reminder that we should take time to express gratitude on a more regular basis, not just when the year comes to an end.
Deepak Chopra says it best that:
“Gratitude is such an important force that we can use to expand our happiness, create loving relationships, and even improve our health…It is a fullness of heart that moves us from limitation and fear to expansion and love. When we’re appreciating something, our ego moves out of the way and we connect with our soul. Gratitude brings our attention into the present, which is the only place where miracles can unfold.”
In the spirit of Thanks and Giving, here is a list of 20 things I’m grateful for…
- Having my family alive and healthy
- Getting to see my family for the holidays
- Technology allows me to stay in touch with friends & family when I can’t see them
- A roof over my head
- My well-decorated house that reflects my style and personality. I love it!
- Plenty of food in my fridge and pantry
- A reliable vehicle that gets me where I need to go
- I stay busy but also take time to appreciate the little things
- Coffee…warm, delicious coffee. I love it.
- Hot showers…there’s nothing like it
- The drive and desire I have to commit to a healthy lifestyle
- Mental and physical strength
- Friends who appreciate and value my company and who I feel the same way for in return
- Being comfortable in my own skin
- Self-confidence and acceptance
- Resiliency to handle setbacks gracefully without falling apart
- An open mind that allows me to accept others’ ways of thinking and being even if they are not the same as my own
- Being able to forgive others even if I do not receive an apology or closure
- Faith that things will be alright in the end…if it’s not alright, it’s not the end
- Being at a place in my life where I may not have everything I want, but I am content with what I have
I have to say, making this list really got me into the spirit of being in the present and being thankful. It’s amazing how just being conscious of the the things you are grateful for can instantly boost your mood. Try making your own thankfulness list!
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.” -Melody Beattie
Happy Thanksgiving 🙂
Ciao for now!